Psalm 142


Psalm 142
1 A psalm of David, regarding his experience in the cave. A prayer. I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD's mercy.
2 I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.
3 For I am overwhelmed, and you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.
4 I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me.
5 Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.
6 Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.
7 Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you treat me kindly."

Pastor Saeed Abedini
In 2013 Christians are still being persecuted and imprisoned for being, er, well, Christians. In the Islamic Republic of Iran Pastor Saeed Abedini has been sentenced to 8 years in prison for the heinous crime of preaching Christianity. Perhaps the Iranians know something that we in the West seem to have forgotten - the power of the word of God preached boldly, especially by a convert from Islam.
Please pray for Pastor Saeed Abedini.

Authored by Chris Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the bleak midwinter

Blogcatalog Widget Removed